- RSS Channel Showcase 6993135
- RSS Channel Showcase 5753355
- RSS Channel Showcase 3992136
- RSS Channel Showcase 2726728
Articles on this Page
- 10/23/17--13:28: _Does the Latitude 2...
- 10/23/17--13:58: _Bios Admin Passwort
- 10/23/17--14:45: _Fan RPM is either 0...
- 10/23/17--15:08: _Projection not work...
- 10/23/17--18:44: _Inspiron 13-7378 Op...
- 10/23/17--19:11: _XPS 13 9350 won't s...
- 10/24/17--01:27: _XPS 2 in 1 with Eng...
- 10/24/17--01:36: _Dell inspiron15
- 10/24/17--02:54: _Wifi connecting to ...
- 10/24/17--05:27: _Latitude 5580 or Pr...
- 10/24/17--06:48: _My XPS 13 9360 (8th...
- 10/24/17--08:06: _Inspiron 5452 Just ...
- 10/24/17--08:42: _E7470 and WLD15 con...
- 10/24/17--09:28: _To check dell origi...
- 10/24/17--09:56: _Inspiron 15 5565 Wi...
- 10/24/17--09:09: _Dell Laptop ( Inspi...
- 10/24/17--11:09: _Alienware r3 15 sid...
- 10/24/17--11:27: _Keyboard keys not w...
- 10/24/17--11:36: _Laptop will not Pow...
- 10/24/17--11:39: _PROBLEM of SSD in a...
- 10/23/17--13:28: Does the Latitude 2120 support SDXC cards?
- 10/23/17--13:58: Bios Admin Passwort
- 10/23/17--14:45: Fan RPM is either 0 or in 3000s/4000s
- 10/23/17--15:08: Projection not working E7440 WIN7
- 10/23/17--18:44: Inspiron 13-7378 Operating System loader has no signature
- 10/23/17--19:11: XPS 13 9350 won't shut down
- 10/24/17--01:27: XPS 2 in 1 with English Windows in Denmark
- 10/24/17--01:36: Dell inspiron15
- 10/24/17--06:48: My XPS 13 9360 (8th gen i7) won't go into sleepmode
- 10/24/17--09:28: To check dell original battery for my Inspiron n4010 laptop
- 10/24/17--09:56: Inspiron 15 5565 Windows 7 USB 3.0 Support
- 10/24/17--09:09: Dell Laptop ( Inspiron 3542 ) - Battery Problem
- My Laptop Battery was able to charge 100 % within 3 hours in starting phase.
- When the charging level reaches at 20% it used to show below Message.
- When the charging level reaches at 10% it used to show below Message.
- My Laptop Battery was able to charge 100 % within 6 hours in starting phase.
- When the charging level reaches at 20% it does not show any message at all.
- When the charging level reaches at 10% it suddenly shuts off ( without warning )
- What has happened with the Laptop Battery ?
- Whether it’s life has been exhausted or this is just Technical Problem ?
- How can I find out the Health Status of laptop battery ?
- In this situation, how long can I use the battery ? ( till Dec' 2018 or June 2019 )
- What is the general price range for Dell ( Inspiron 3542 ) Battery in India ?
- 10/24/17--11:09: Alienware r3 15 side lighting glitch.
- 10/24/17--11:27: Keyboard keys not working
- 10/24/17--11:36: Laptop will not Power On
- 10/24/17--11:39: PROBLEM of SSD in a XPS 15 9530
Does the Latitude 2120 support SDXC cards?
I have a DELL Inspiron 14 7437 Laptop and when I flashed latest BIOS there suddenly was a BIOS ADMIN Password set.
Now DELL Support told me this admin password can't be reset (only by changing motherboard).
I know that the bios system password can be reset by providing some kind of hash value shown on the laptop screen when an incorrect password is entered 3 times. DELL afterwards provides a master password.
My question: Is there really no chance to unlock the bios admin password (that locks nearly all bios-settings) by a master-code or something else?
I have an Inspiron 5567, and after downloading SpeedFan I've noticed the fan RPM is either 0, or when I do something intensive it leaps to around 3500ish RPM, making a huge noise.
How can I resolve this? I'm worried about my laptop overheating.
I have a laptop at work all Fn keys are working except projection and screen brightness.
I never was able to broadcast on screens or projectors using any port.
OS: Win 7
Have had the 7 series 2-in-1 since Jan 2017. Zero issues with it until this morning. I forgot to plug in over night and battery ran out, when I plugged it back in the Dell SupportAssist screen came on with the following error:
"Operating System Loader has no signature. Incompatiable with SecureBoot. All bootable devices failed Secure Boot verification".
I read through some forum posts and disabled SecureBoot, which then gave me the error of "no bootable devices". I have run the full diagnostics and have received no errors.
The last thing I installed was a dell update, but can't imagine that would do this to my system? Appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks.
Have had unit over a year, just started having problem not shutting down a month or so ago. Haven't added, removed, or changed anything. Running Windows 10. Have tried changing power settings and instructing computer to shut down when power button pressed, lid closed, or shut down directly from system menu. Doesn't matter what I do. It will never completely shut down, instead re-starts automatically, even with lid closed, slowly draining battery if not plugged into AC. Also automatically re-starts even when just supposed to go to sleep after set period of non-use (when programs are still open). When this happens, it re-starts in recovery mode since it wasn't shut down properly (well duh, it was just supposed to go to sleep....). This is driving me nuts.
I am looking to buy XPS 2 in 1 with English windows in Denmark but I do not see an option for English windows. I can see it for XPS 13 but not for 2 in 1. Is there a way to get the 2 in 1 model online with the English Windows?
Hi i need help my dell inspiron15 laptop wont turn on . I also tried disconnecting the ac adapter and the battery , pressing 15-30 mins and reconnecting the battery , adapter and it wont work . Need help ASAP
I have a Dell XPS 13" for the last year and a half.
I changed the password for my router after which my Dell XPS is not able to connect to the internet. The laptop does connect to the router (status states - Secured, Connected) however it does not connect to the internet.
I can connect to the internet via the same router on multiple devices (ipad, iphone, android phone, macs and another Lenovo Windows machine)
I am bamboozled as to why this Dell XPS is not able to connect.
Checking the properties of the device (via the Device Manager) says the Device is working properly. The network adapter is a Dell Wireless 1820A.802.11ac.
I tried to uninstall and re-install the driver and still don't see a difference.
Appreciate any assistance.
The Dell website (for Drivers and downloads is also friendly). I can't easily check what the latest driver is.
Searching for wireless for my Dell XPS
returns only one result and the installation of that is not successful either.
Hi Justin, I need to know after viewing your Dell M.2 / NVME guide, we are going to buy a game of Precision 3520 or Latitude 5580 laptops both with M.2 NVME disks, my question is if it is possible to extend to a second SATA3 drive SSD, using the M.2 as Sis. Op. And the second for Storage of Virtual Machines. In both cases it indicates this configuration: Drive configurations supported: (1x M2) (1x 2.5inch SATA) (1x M.2 cache drive and 1x 2.5 inch drive). This configuration is exclusive, 1xM.2 or 1x2.5 SATA or is (1x M.2) + (1x 2.5inch SATA)
Thanks in advance
I got my new XPS 13 (i7 8550U) last week and have found out that it won't go into sleepmode. The screen turns off and then nothing more happens, the power stays on. Sometimes it can turn off and then immediately come back on with just the fan running.
I have tried multiple solutions found online, all ranging from power plan settings and checking powercfg in cmd to see if anything is preventing sleep. I even reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday so that i could rule out Windows as the problem. I have tried reinstalling the BIOS too. And i have checked that all driver are up to date both manually and with Dell's driver detection software.
Shutting off and hibernating works just fine.
I am running the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709. 16299,19)
This laptop just passed it's 1 yr anniversary. Bought from staples new.
Dont do really anything other than web browsing with it and pretty much sits in one spot.
The power adapter (65 watts) is not charging the laptop. In fact most of the time the laptop will not boot properly.
Also the keyboard stopped working completely as well.
Bios screen flashes from none to unkown for the power adapter section even when it is plugged in.
Have tried the remove battery / hold power button / replace trick but never works. Tried two other power adapters and outlets. Not the issue.
Using an old keyboard plugged in via the usb drive for temporary :)
function keys also do not work on keyboard.
Any help. is appreciated :)
I've been successfully using/connecting my E7470 Latitude to the WLD15 wireless dock for a few months now, until recently.
I'm not sure what caused it, maybe a Windows update, but the video will no longer extend to the connected monitors (connected via DisplayPort).
All other peripherals (USB devices, camera, keybooard/mouse, Ethernet) all still work when the dock is connected, and the light on the dock is white; Just no video. Both monitors simply go into power saving mode.
I have tried updating all drivers, reinstalling all drivers (Windows, Intel, Dell). I have reset the dock to factory as well.
I have tried both the DisplayPort and HDMI connections out of the dock, neither work.
Thanks for any help!
Plz check serial no. CN-04YRJH-PAS00-6CQ-O0OA-A04
Plz check this part I bought recently
I have recently fitted an SSD to my laptop and decided to install Windows 7 Professional, as I'm fed up with Windows 10 updates failing! I have everything installed apart from the USB 3.0 controller and a PCI device.
Having searched high and low, trying many different drivers, I've had no success and obviously only have one active USB socket at present. The AMD catalyst software is useless, and the only driver I've found says it needs the catalyst install manager! I cannot confirm if it is definitely an AMD USB 3.0 controller, but as it's an R5 chipset I have no reason to think it would be anything else.
Needless to say, I'm getting close to giving up and buying a USB hub. Windows 7 runs extremely well, far smoother than 10 and I don't plan on going back to 10!
Thanks in advance
I am using Dell Laptop ( Inspiron 3542 ) from December 2014.
My Operating System is Windows 10 since 01 - July - 2015 onwards.
My 1 year warranty has already been expired in September 2015.
My laptop usage is 4 – 5 hours per day and 8 – 10 hours on Sunday.
Please note that, laptop usage is happening on daily basis without fail.
I am writing this email to get the solution on my Battery Problem.
First, I will tell you what was happening in the past ( in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc., )
When it was 99 % charges, I can use the laptop for 3.50 hours ( without power supply )
Your Battery is 20%......You might want to plug in your PC....
At this time, the Adapter sign is showing the Green Colour in the task bar.
Your Battery is very low ......You must want to plug in your PC....
At this time, the Adapter sign is showing the red Colour in the task bar.
Now, I will tell you what is happening right now ( now - a - days )
When it was 99 % charges, I can use the laptop for 1 hour only ( without power supply )
At this time, the Adapter sign is showing the Green Colour in the task bar.
This is my problem and hence I am posting this question in this Forum.
Waiting for the reply and solurtions to fix this problem on permanent basis,
Rajlaxmidevi from India
October 24, 2017
Cannot understand why and what to do, but one out of four side lightings somehow broke and now when i try to choose red color, it turns off, when I try yellow, it glows green and by choosing purple or pink it goes blue. What could be the problem and could it be solved somehow?
I m using a Dell Inspiron laptop 7000 Series
After 2 months of purchase i lost wifi capability and was helped by your support to the Outcome was to change the entire motherboard.
After using it for an year now my keyboard has stopped working multiple keys Stop working i have tried to remove the drivers reset windows performed a Clean install of Windows ,but still the same.
I m so disappointed at the product and regret buying Dell
I have been having issues with my laptop (17" Inspiron --- not sure of exact model). For the past few months, there have been three occasions wherein I go to turn on the laptop, but nothing happens. No lights, no beeps, nothing. It is while the laptop has been in sleep mode, not attached to the power cord. I pull out the battery and let is sit over-night. I come back the next day and hold the power button for 30 seconds, release the power button, and plug it in, which powers it up. Is this a battery issue, or a hardware issue?
PROBLEM of SSD in a XPS 15 9530
Hello, I need to change my hard drive (on a DELL XPS 15 9530 - N series: BXNVH12).
It was originally equipped with a: SSDR, 512G, S3, MCARD, SAMSUNG and PM841.
To replace it I don't know what SDD disk to choose. I have checked the same disk (Samsung PM841 mSata), but it is hard to find and quite expensive!
What are the choice of replacement for this Samsung SSD?
Any good suggestions ?