- RSS Channel Showcase 9122918
- RSS Channel Showcase 8111048
- RSS Channel Showcase 5604953
- RSS Channel Showcase 2486473
Articles on this Page
- 10/14/17--12:45: _L502x in constant b...
- 10/14/17--14:00: _Dell XPS 13 9350 no...
- 10/14/17--14:11: _My laptop dell insp...
- 10/14/17--17:07: _Laptop not turning on
- 10/14/17--18:02: _DELL XPS 15 9550 Wi...
- 10/14/17--18:42: _CPU frequency down ...
- 10/14/17--21:39: _HDMI/DisplayPort/Th...
- 10/14/17--23:18: _Keyboard Replace
- 10/15/17--01:15: _Laptop charger wire...
- 10/15/17--01:54: _D1000
- 10/15/17--02:25: _Alienware 17 R2 lou...
- 10/15/17--03:18: _Dell latitude e4310...
- 10/15/17--06:09: _BIOS password
- 10/15/17--07:23: _Dell Inspiron 13-50...
- 10/15/17--09:38: _Inspiron 7559 black...
- 10/15/17--11:00: _M6800 does not ente...
- 10/15/17--12:58: _White dots after pr...
- 10/15/17--13:47: _XPS 15 9530 battery...
- 10/15/17--14:24: _XPS15 9560 touchpad...
- 10/15/17--15:12: _Dell XPS 13 blank s...
- 10/14/17--12:45: L502x in constant boot loop (dell screen, reboots, dell screen)
- 10/14/17--14:00: Dell XPS 13 9350 not charging via Thunderbolt 3 port
- 10/14/17--17:07: Laptop not turning on
- 10/14/17--18:02: DELL XPS 15 9550 Windows slow WiFi connection
- 10/14/17--18:42: CPU frequency down to 2.1 in games on Inspiron 7567
- 10/14/17--21:39: HDMI/DisplayPort/Thunderbolt Questions
- 10/14/17--23:18: Keyboard Replace
- 10/15/17--01:15: Laptop charger wire color
- 10/15/17--01:54: D1000
- 10/15/17--02:25: Alienware 17 R2 loud fan
- 10/15/17--03:18: Dell latitude e4310 finger print reader
- 10/15/17--06:09: BIOS password
- 10/15/17--07:23: Dell Inspiron 13-5000 Series
- 10/15/17--09:38: Inspiron 7559 black screen after update
- 10/15/17--11:00: M6800 does not enter bios or one time boot menu stuck at PXE 2./1
- 10/15/17--12:58: White dots after pressing f2. Can't acces bios
- 10/15/17--13:47: XPS 15 9530 battery issue?
- 10/15/17--14:24: XPS15 9560 touchpad - is there a fix?
- read lots of forums and seen that many, many people have had the same problem in the 9550 and 9560
- updated all drivers I could update myself
- tried all the various settings in the basic touchpad settings dialog
- altered the registry settings
- spent 45 minutes on the phone to Dell support in India, where more drivers were updated, 'F12' startup diagnostics performed (no issues identified).
- checked that the battery is not swelling up (it's not)
- 10/15/17--15:12: Dell XPS 13 blank screen, back light on.
I am having an issue where L502x in constant boot loop (dell screen, reboots, dell screen). Never gets to the OS. Pressing F2, F8 or F12 has no effect. Please advise.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance I can get regarding some problems Im having with my laptop. Long story short I purchased a TB16 dock, managed to update all the drivers and firmware but still cannot seem to get my laptop to charge via the dock.
Everything else works; three displays, ethernet, mouse/keyboard. Everything except charging. The battery bar says that its charging but my battery slowly drains. BIOS says a 45w adapter is connected so it seems to recognized that its plugged in. I know its not the dock since my Brother's 9550 charges just fine.
Thank you for any help I can get!
I want to ask why my laptop have this weard behavihor is slow in some moment and it get slow more often and make a noise from the hardware a weard noise and it su pose to run smootly a leas in the startup of the Windows what do not ha open so I need help.
Hi. I am experiencing a problem with my Dell Inspiron N4010. It is not turning on, even the power button's light doesn't turn on when I press it, but the charging light on the laptop pad still turns on when I put it on charging. I have tried with the power flea method of removing battery and adapter and pressing the power button and re+connecting it to turn it on, but nothing works. There is no beeping or any sort of sound in the laptop either. Please tell me how to switch it on.
I have spent 2,500 dollars on this Dell Machine. Ever since I’ve had it I have not really enjoyed it. It really is sad. This machine was a dream machine and when I bought it, i can enjoy it, due to the WiFi issues and internet connection.
I turn my phone to a hotspot, when the Dell XPS 15 connects to it, the internet connection is extremely slow, slow, when I connect to my iPad or PS4 to another Windows machine and I don’t have a internet connection issue.
I ever reset my computer and make it brand new and got the same issue, on this machine
any fix ? im going crazy abou this .. is realy disappoint
games drop fps and stay slow
The Precision 7720 with P5000 video card is specced at DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 1.4 and Thunderbolt 3. I know that you can get adapters to go from DP to HDMI or Thunderbolt to DP and HDMI though. If I have an application that requires HDMI 2.0 for example, can you get it from the Thunderbolt 3 port or the DisplayPort or is there an underlying limit to HDMI 1.4 in the processor itself? I'm having a hard time understanding the various capabilities.
Hi I have dell inspiron 5567 without backlight keyboard.
Can i replace my non-backlight keyboard with backlight keyboard in dell inspiron 5567 ?
Old wire has Blue, Black, White,
New wire has Green, Gray, White.
Which one to connect where?
What are the +,- and ground?
Is the d1000 docking station compatible with the Dell Latitude 11-5175??? Also, I am talking about the USB 3.0 version.
I've a problem I didn't have in the past. Meanwhile I did do SSD upgrade and Windows 10 upgrade.
Problem is that my fans always are loud. And no, it's not because of clogging, dirt or anything like that. I tried to apply all the standard solutions already. In fact, I can use hwinfo to decrease fan speed and the temperature won't increase or anything. I also tried each BIOS version which didn't help.
can not enable the fingerprint reader what do i need to do to enable it have win 7 pro 64 bit installed
Is there a way for me to get my BIOS password from dell without paying for it? I am one month out of warranty and the BIOS password doesn't match any password I used on the laptop.
Hi, I have a Dell 13 -5000 series Laptop its about 1 month old IT currently has a 1TB HDD Intel Pentium Gold Chip which came as standard what I want to is the following -
1) Could I Take the 1TB HDD drive out and swap for a 250 or 500GB SSD Instead ?
2) Would this void the Warranty if I did this ?
3) would the upgrade be compatible ?
would some be able to answer my question . Thank you
I bought my Inspiron 7559 laptop a year ago. It always worked fine until today, except for a few sudden power losses a few months ago.
This morning i've downloaded the latest Windows 10 update and then restarted the PC... after this, the screen turned completely black but the laptop didn't turn off. The screen is still blank but the power switch is on and it doesn't turn off when i press it. Right now i don't have a screwdriver to open the case so i can't even remove the battery... i'll get one as soon as i can but what can i do in the meantime? What's the cause of this issue? How can i be sure that this doesn't happen again?
My Dell Precision M6800 has been hanging and not booting sometimes on and off for a year. I've managed to coax it into working before by unplugging everything and taking it out of its station. Now it won't start up no matter what I do. REMEMBER I CAN'T GET INTO BIOS.
What I've done so far
1. removed all storage/hard drives one at a time. Primary, secondary, optical, mSATA
2. pulled memory, tried each stick by self.
3. unplugged coin battery with power plug disconnected and laptop battery removed. Left unplugged for more than a minute.
4. cleaned everything with compressed air.
So now what happens when I press F2:
1. I briefly get the yellow "entering setup" on the upper right of the screen
2. Then I get two lines of text:
Initializaing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.50
PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WfM 2.0)
The same thing happens when I press F12 except the yellow text changes to "Preparing one-time boot menu"
I've tried putting a freshly made windows 10 usb install media in a usb slot and the same thing happens
If I want to acces the bios with the f2 button, my Computer freezes and/or shows White dots after a few seconds.
I can't acces the bios to change the boot options
Tried everything (gpu, ram, hdd, etc.)
Hopw you can help me.
My XPS 15 9530 shuts off before it completes boot up, with or without charger attached. The laptop is about 4 years old. Does that sound like a bad battery? If I leave the charger attached for a long time, like 24-36 hours, the laptop will stay on longer but still not long enough to complete boot up. Thoughts? Thanks.
I've had my XPS15 9560 since mid-Sept 2017 and like many others I am pleased with just about everything but the touchpad. It's laggy and 'precision' is lacking. It's difficult to make fine adjustments eg grabbing a corner of a window to re-size it. The click and drag behaviour is also slightly unpredictable (only works as expected on the right hand side), and scroll speed is disappointing.
What I have done so far:
None of these things has improved anything. After using the touchpad for two hours today I ended up with an aching forearm which is still aching seven hours later.
Today for the first time I connected a wireless mouse, and for the first time have felt I am experiencing the 9560 to its fullest. It finally feels like a 'normal' laptop. But I do not want to have to use a mouse; I expect a properly functioning touchpad.
I've responded to the 'service' email I received from Dell India, however already despair at having to spend more time on the phone with someone desperately searching for a fix (trying anything and everything!).
I'd love some feedback from Dell US/UK as I'd like to fast-track this 'fix' so I can start really enjoying this computer.
I have a Dell XPS 13 9333 from 2014. The computer has a dual Windows Linux installation, and has aways worked perfectly. Some days ago, I started up the laptop and there was no Dell logo or anything in the screen, although the backlight was working. I though the computer was totally broken.
After connecting it to an external monitor, I realized that the computer was actually working, but somehow the LCD was not receiving any image. I tried booting the computer in the LCD-test mode (pressing D at startup) and the screen seems to work fine. I also opened the computer to check whether the LCD was correctly connected to the motherboard, and it looked fine to me.
I don´t know what to think now. Because if the LCD test is run internally by the LCD integrated chip, then my guess would be that the problem is in the graphic card. If on the other hand the test is performed by the graphic card, then I would think is a problem with the LCD conector or cable. Last but not least: The computer sends images when connected to an external monitor once has loaded Linux. But since that is drivers dependent, I am not sure what does that says about the state of the graphic card.
Any advice or coment would help. The laptop is still quite powerful, and I would like to repair it. I wouldn´t like to buy a new screen or a motherboard and that the problem was somewhere. Could it be some problem with the ACPI? Also, can somebody tell me how much it would be to take the computer to a dell reparation service? I mean the reparation cost, not the parts.
PS: I couldn´t access to the BIOS or Windows because I can´t see anything until Linux (default operating system) is loaded.