- RSS Channel Showcase 1326872
- RSS Channel Showcase 9818485
- RSS Channel Showcase 3067386
- RSS Channel Showcase 6006367
Articles on this Page
- 11/06/17--05:32: _DELL Latitude E7240...
- 11/02/17--11:49: _XPS 15 9550 inconsi...
- 11/06/17--09:58: _Mount a Latitude 74...
- 11/06/17--09:34: _rubber strips on bo...
- 11/06/17--11:04: _Vostro 3458 laptop ...
- 11/06/17--13:10: _Dell Latitude E7440
- 11/06/17--13:57: _inspiration 17 3721
- 11/06/17--11:20: _Latitude E5510 Drivers
- 11/06/17--14:15: _Dell Inspiron 14 74...
- 11/06/17--18:18: _inspiron 5000 serie...
- 11/06/17--19:41: _Dell Inspiron 13-73...
- 11/06/17--20:50: _Dell inspiron 7567 ...
- 11/07/17--01:14: _Query: Can we upgra...
- 11/07/17--04:29: _Sleep issue with my...
- 11/07/17--06:43: _Dual monitor with X...
- 11/07/17--07:15: _Dell 7567 overheat ...
- 11/07/17--07:35: _All sleep options d...
- 11/07/17--07:37: _Inspiron M731R: Can...
- 11/07/17--07:45: _Bricked Laptop afte...
- 11/07/17--07:47: _Dell Latitude E7270...
- 11/06/17--05:32: DELL Latitude E7240 when the docked screen when upside down
- 11/02/17--11:49: XPS 15 9550 inconsistent wifi-speeds
- 11/06/17--09:58: Mount a Latitude 7450 SSD to another computer via USB
- 11/06/17--09:34: rubber strips on bottom of Inspiron 13-7353 coming off
- 11/06/17--11:04: Vostro 3458 laptop beeping randomly
- 11/06/17--13:10: Dell Latitude E7440
- 11/06/17--13:57: inspiration 17 3721
- 11/06/17--11:20: Latitude E5510 Drivers
- 11/06/17--14:15: Dell Inspiron 14 7460 sudden black screen and won't turn on
- 11/06/17--18:18: inspiron 5000 series tag or service code. Screen broken
- 11/06/17--19:41: Dell Inspiron 13-7352 HDD
- 11/06/17--20:50: Dell inspiron 7567 Gaming - Battery and Hinge problem.
- 11/07/17--01:14: Query: Can we upgrade Dell Inspiron 5565 battery?
- 11/07/17--04:29: Sleep issue with my Laptop Dell Latitude E6420
- 11/07/17--06:43: Dual monitor with XPS15 9560
- 11/07/17--07:15: Dell 7567 overheat when gaming
- 11/07/17--07:35: All sleep options disappear when unplugging Precision 5510
- 11/07/17--07:37: Inspiron M731R: Can no longer find my cd/dvd drive! Help!
- 11/07/17--07:47: Dell Latitude E7270 slow, freezing when browsing (need restarting)
My DELL Latitude E7240 when docked the screen when turn upside down, however, it's fine on my laptop when undocked, this happens after my bag hit onto my keyboard. By right by pressing Windows and direction arrow together screen will turn but it's not happening on this laptop, restart and shutdown also same it's on landscape setting also, try on other user docking was the same. Appreciate if anyone here can advise me on.
When I try my wifi speed on my XPS 15 9550 I get really different results depending on how I test it.
On http://bredbandskollen.se I get my full internet speed of 500Mbps.
If I try http://beta.speedtest.net I get around 270 Mbps.
Doing an HTTP download from http://speedtest.tele2.net I only get around 40Mbps.
I also tried downloading a file from a samba share on my server and get around 130Mbps.
All these sources max out my connection if I try over a wired connection.
I have also tried changing the Dell Wireless 1830 with an Intel AC 8265 and that didn't make any difference.
I also tried putting the 1830 card into an Intel NUC and got much closer to my max connection so I think it's safe to assume the card is not the issue here.
Where should I look into next?
My wife's Latitude 7450 stopped charging. Some kind of short kills the power adapter when I plug it in.
That's not really my problem though. I'm trying to retrieve some files off the SSD. so I pulled the disk and am trying to mount it to another computer using my handy SATA to USB adapter.
Disk Management in Windows 10 is seeing an Unknown/Uninitialized disk and is wanting me to initialize and format the disk. I know the USB adapter is good, because I mounted a different HDD with no problem.
My question is this:
Is the SSD encrypted (I don't know the origins of the laptop build)? Is that why the Windows 10 computer I'm using see the disk as uninitialized?
Is my SATA to USB adapter or Windows not familiar with the SSD interface? Take a look at the picture below. The SSD has this weird hardware adapter.
There are two 1/4" x 10 3/4" 'rubber' strips on the bottom of my granddaughter's Inspiron 13-7353 laptop. Both are coming off. Apparently they are supposed to be held in place by a thin bead of black adhesive that is not working. Is this a warranty item? About 8 months old. Is this a common problem?
The 'I'm not a robot' was stuck in a loop continuing asking me several times for cars/street signs/store fronts'. Regarding street signs, are street signs signs with the names of streets or any sign on a street. Very poor robot prevention.
I have a Vostro 3458 laptop that will randomly start beeping while in Windows. No messages appear on screen, and sound is muted. I ran Dell Diagnostics and it found no problem... Really wondering what this could be.
Here's a video of it:
i own dell latitude e7440. i want to know whether protecting your keypad with rubber protector affects the air flow pr not? is it wise to do it or not??
Will not start, screen blank, power light on, hard drive activity light on for 1sec then off, clicking sound 1sec intervals with 2 beeps. Reset memory, hard drive, optical drive no help
How to download driver's in this E5510
I was updating a game on steam and went to do something. Then, when I came back, I noticed the screen is all black with buttons not working. I proceeded to force shutting the laptop by holding the power button then when I tried to turn it on, the power button lights up and also the battery indicator below (both white lights, no blinking) and no light on screen and then the indicators suddenly turn off. It's been like this since last night
s/n <Service tag removed> service tag
express code <Express service code removed>
Can anyone point us in the correct direction please
Last week my HDD starting failing on me so I went ahead did a lot of research into HDDs and ordered a Seagate Barracuda 1TB 5400rm 2.5 7mm drive for a replacement. When I got the drive it was intermittently registering in the BIOS. I could "successfully" restore my image with Clonezilla and it would see the drive. I could even go through different OS installs (Lubuntu, Ubuntu, WIN10) and format the installed HDD and receive the message that the install was a success and to restart. Upon every restart the BIOS would not detect the HDD. It would show up in the System Setup F2 rarely but on a reboot it would disappear. I thought it had to be a bad drive. I ordered another replacement of the same drive and have the same issues. I even started to think it was the SATA cable or the Mother Board. However, I can reinstall my old failing HDD in and it sees it no problem and will boot to it time and time again.
So with my now two weeks and countless hours troubleshooting I have summed it up to one big question. Does the replacement drive have to be the same drive that I pulled out of the laptop (HGST HTS541010A7E630)? Is it a different problem?
I didn't think it mattered exactly what HDD I replaced it with as long as the specs matched and obviously the size.
It also bothers me that parts-people.com recommends the Seagate barracuda as an exact replacement.
Any help would be very, very much appreciated!
I have bought a dell inspiron 7567 gaming laptop about 2 months ago.. I facing few problems..
1. first month the laptop used to run on batter for about 5-6 hrs browsing internet and watching movies as well.. but now I hardly get 2 hours only browsing without any other tasks running in parallel..
2. The laptop heats a lot at the bottom even when I do browsing only
3. Right hinge make a kind of 'tick' sound while opening and closing.. and after I close completely, I have to press a bit at the right hinge to close completely.. (When I press it makes a small tick sound and is closed completely)
I'm worried to see so many issues within a year and that too for just 2 months.. The main problem is this laptop my aunt bought in United States but I live in India. So it is not easy to send the laptop to US for such issues.. I hope I will get some support through this post..
Hey guys! Just wanted to know if its possible to upgrade my Inspiron 5565 battery? I have it for a month now and surprised to get just 2-3hrs from 100 to zero. Someone told me the stock batteries are usually poor and have to be upgraded for better lasting. So i need your help - is he right? does 5565 battery ***?.... thanks!
I have an Issue with my Dell Latitude e6420 Laptop.
I have 8GB of RAM and 250GB of HDD (Seagate). My Problem is When i Close my Lid and Reopen it my laptop freezes. Even i have changed a lot of windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and also windows 10 but unfortunately all in vain. I just want to resolve this issue my BIOS is A24.
Please Suggest me Possible Solution. I have tried every tutorial on my Laptop but nothing happens.
Another Question is My Laptop has Fingerprint Sensor and I don't know how to use. I have installed Dell Control Valuate Driver also but how can i configure fingerprint logon in My Laptop using Windows 8 Pro x64 bit
Ali Abdullah Khan
Good day all,
How can i accomplish a dual monitor setup with the XPS15. I also have a Dell Adapter DA200. Can i use the on board HDMI and the external HDMI on the DA200 to achieve this? Getting a docking station is a last resort because of the my budget. Thanks in advance.
Just got my new Dell Inspiron 7567 for one week and i noticed that the fan was spinning at its max speed and producing annoying noise when gaming. It produces loud fan noise even though i just started a game. Besides that, i think there may be a throttle since the gpu has reached its maximum temp limit. During gaming i kept the air vents unblocked and surrounding temperature was below 26 degree. Below are my Gpu and cpu temp data i have.
The highest Gpu temp I got was 74 Celsius, which in this case is the highest temp a laptop gpu can get .
For Cpu temperature i think is fine...
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I have a Precision 5510, running Windows 10 1703.
When the laptop is plugged in, I have a sleep option for the power button, and sleep options are available in all the usual power management places (Power Options, plan settings, advanced power settings). When I unplug the laptop (all power option windows closed) and reopen the various places with sleep options, all mention of sleep disappears. Everywhere. Sleep was a figment of my imagination. Close all those power option windows, plug the laptop back in, and all the sleep options are back.
All drivers are as up-to-date as possible. I've tried removing drivers that I dared to, no change. I've unplugged everything that is unpluggable. I've device manager for anything that can wake the machine, nothing can.
Does anyone understand what could cause this or know how to fix it? Thanks.
My cd/dvd drive used to show in My PC, but it is no longer there. I have Windows 10. How can I get it back?
I foolishly enabled the options in the BIOS system configuration - Drive tab trying to make an external eSATA cable recognised my spare hard drive.
How the Dell E6230 will not boot and will not POST.
I am unable to access the BIOS to reset to default or to disable the SATA 4/5 toggles.
Is there any way to
1. Restore the default BIOS settings
2. Flash the BIOS from a USB or CD to get the computer to reboot.
I have discovered that the BIOS is doing something to the RAM modules
pressing FN+POWER cause the Battery LED to flash white. All other LED are BLANK
The RAM modules when placed in another E6230 then refuse to work until a memory test is carried out to wipe them!
This would go against everything I know about RAM modules not retaining information after powering off but this is what I found.
Thanks in advance.
I bought Dell Latitude E7270 around 3 months ago and it was quite OK so far but there are problems with getting slow and freezing when browsing. When I open let's say 6 YouTube pages it just gets slow and then freeze for 5 minutes but sometimes for longer and I have to press the power button to shut the system down and then turn on again.
I ran all diagnostics and it says all is fine. Should I disable SpeedStep? I read it can be damaging for the laptop though.